TOWN OF HOPEDALE
78 Hopedale Street - P.O. Box 7
Hopedale, Massachusetts 01747
Tel: 508-634-2203 ext. 212
Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners
Robert Bird, Chair
Hopedale Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners
Minutes of June 10, 2010
The Hopedale Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners met on June 10, 2010 in the Draper Room of the Town Hall. Members present were Chairperson James Morin, Commissioner Robert Bird and Commissioner Aldo Tarca.
Chairperson Morin made a motion to open the meeting at 7:00PM.
Minutes of the May 13th meeting – Commissioner Bird made a motion to approve the minutes of May 13th, seconded by Commissioner Tarca and made unanimous by Chairperson Morin.
Executive Minutes of April 8th meeting - Commissioner Bird made a motion to approve the minutes of the April 8th Executive Meeting, seconded by Commissioner Tarca and made unanimous by Chairperson Morin.
- Special Town Meeting Warrant 6/15/2010 – There will be one article which is part of a larger article that will be presented at the Town Meeting regarding a transfer from Retained Earnings.
- Debt payment FY 2011 / Set assessments - Tim informed the Board the sewer debt that must be covered for FY 2011 is $280,760 which brings the quarterly sewer assessment for FY 2011 to $34.12 which is down from $39.07. The water debt that must be covered for FY 2011 is $207,300. This will bring the water fee up from $15.00 per quarter to $24.05 for FY 2011.
Commissioner Bird made a motion to set the sewer assessment of $34.12 for FY 2011 to cover sewer debt of $280,760 to be spread over number of sewer users. He also made a motion to set the water fee from $15.00 to $24.05 to cover water debt of $207,300 which is being spread over number of water users. This was seconded by Commissioner Tarca and made unanimous by Chairperson Morin.
- NuWater Letter – Tim informed the Board that he is under the impression that Kopelman and Paige has sent the letter to NuWater. As of today we have yet to hear from NuWater. Payment to NuWater is still being held up until we hear from Mr. Hickey from NuWater. Chairperson Morin feels that if we haven’t heard from NuWater by our July meeting we should have Attorney Doneski follow up.
- Tata & Howard / filter plant information – Tim informed the Board that Winston Builders is under the impression that DEP has approved the filtration system. Tim informed Winston Builders that it is not approved until he receives a letter from DEP.
Tim informed the Board that Tata & Howard and the contractors are going back and forth. Tim has had issues regarding the outside vent pipe and the plumber is looking for $2,000. Tim has requested a log from Tata & Howard on time spent on issues not covered.
Chairperson Morin asked when we should hear from DEP. Tim informed Chairperson Morin that DEP is aware we need this and will not hold us up on this issue.
Discussions & Correspondents
- Request for Minutes (MWC, 1999 to 2005) – information was picked up by the Milford Water Company.
Tim informed the Board that the Confidence Consumer Report (CCR) and the Annual Statistical Report have both been completed. The Board was informed that the Water Department is checking curb stops on Lake St., Soward St. and Progress St. John Schreiber is back to work and Bryan Arthur will be out the following week to help with his new son.
Commissioner Tarca made a motion to adjourn at 7:20 P.M., seconded by Commissioner Bird with Chairperson Morin making it unanimous.
The Board signed the payables and commitments.
I attest to the best of my knowledge that this is a true and accurate recording of the minutes of June 10, 2010.
Timothy Watson, Manager